Advisory: Phishing Site Warning “dcplusplus.org”
May 10, 2009 2 Comments
DON’T REGISTER OR DOWNLOAD FROM THE SITE MENTIONED IN THIS ARTICLE THE SOFTWARE COULD BE INFECTED ALSO IT LEADS TO SPAM MAIL.
dcplusplus.org is not affiliated with DC++ and we hereby want to warn our users to not be fooled by this site.
We here at DC++ project want to warn inexperience/new users about a phishing site that we have come across that wants users to register on their site to send spam mail to them. The site is affiliated with known spamming sites.
We advise all our users to not go to unknown sites and to download DC++ use Sourceforge (binary/source distribution) or Launchpad (source distribution) for downloading DC++ since these are our sites for distribution.
Here is the technical information on the phishing site for those that are interested in the information.
- Registrant Search: “S.H. INC” owns about 1,948 other domains
- Email Search: is associated with about 2,077 domains
- NS History: 3 changes on 3 unique name servers over 6 years.
- IP History: 182 changes on 22 unique name servers over 5 years.
- Whois History: 8 records have been archived since 2006-04-17.
- Reverse IP: 444,762 other sites hosted on this server.
Here is a list of related domains of the site, All of them seems to be plugged into spam but we haven’t check them all.