October 23, 2007 5 Comments
I just posted what I expect to become the final version of ADC 1.0. If you have anything to add, now is the time and the DC++ devel mailing list and this blog are the places.
Changes that I remember:
- DSC removed (use usercommands if you want to disconnect your users)
- Bytes instead of bits everywhere
- Token in CTM/RCM is mandatory and therefore unnamed
- Reserved SID 0 for the hub. This is rarely needed since the hub sends most messages with type I, but there are a few corner cases are easier to solve when the hub is assigned 0 (hub-implemented group chat for example). I might have forgotten some good argument against this, so refresh my memory if you feel this is unneeded.
- PAS hash generation no longer includes CID
- Reformatted using asciidoc
Since the spec is now essentially a fancy text file, please don’t hesitate to send in patches for typos etc in patch format.
You’ll find previous versions of the specs by adding -0.xx to the link above (ADC-0.12.html for example).